The Teacher Review Program is our main program. Our Educational Consultants are the heart of this program. They have years of distance education
experience, they have used our program themselves, and they have gone through rigorous training. Families who enroll are paired with an Educational
Consultant who will:
- Help them choose curricula appropriate to their own family's talents and needs.
- Help them learn how to apply the classical method.
- Evaluate particular student assignments, utilizing our rubrics and helping the parent implement those rubrics in the home.
- Conduct three formal consultations per year (and an additional planning consultation for new families) in which she will review each
student's progress, suggest modifications, answer questions and provide support.
- Provide additional consultations if needed or desired (Note: additional fees may apply).
- Create a scope and sequence for each student for the local school district if needed.
- Answer questions throughout the year via phone or e-mail.
The Consultations are fundamental to each family's homeschooling experience with Mother of Divine Grace School. Through these consultations
the family receives the support and guidance they need to homeschool well and they have the opportunity to participate fully in the development
of their child's curriculum. The parent's participation in this consultation process means that the curriculum will be tailored to the child's
specific needs and will result in a plan of study that encourages that child to develop as an independent learner. Because these consultations
are central we try to place each family with the consultant that can best help with that family's particular needs. The consultant plays
a vital role in helping each parent design the curriculum for their students. They are also available throughout the year to help each family
make changes or modifications at any point.
- The planning consultation, which occurs during the early summer and is for new families only, focuses on assessing each
student, determining the best grade and general course of study, and designing the curriculum for each student. A primary element of the
planning consultation is the text selections for each student for the year. Parents may use either our recommended materials or may substitute
books of their own choice; the consultant will guide them through this process and help to determine if substituted texts are at grade
level and, in the case of high school courses, sufficient for credit.
- The first consultation, which occurs during the early fall, focuses on how the year has started and addresses any questions
about the curriculum that might have arisen, as well as analyzing each student's progress at that point.
- The second consultation, which occurs around the end of the first semester, focuses on recording and analyzing each
student's progress. A primary element of the second consultation is analysis of each student's work through conversation and assessing
select assignments. During this consultation adjustments to the curriculum can be made. Each student's individual learning style is taken
into account throughout this process.
- The third consultation, which occurs near or at the end of the school year, focuses on evaluating each student's progress
and achievement of goals and recording the year's progress. This evaluation is used to assemble new goals and to design the curriculum
for the upcoming year. The third consultation, for re-enrolling families, focuses not only on evaluation of the past year, but also planning
the new year.
In addition to the consultations, each family who enrolls in our Teacher Review Program receives the following services:
- Assistance implementing a Catholic classical curriculum, adapting it to the specific family's needs and goals.
- Practical tips on the general questions that every homeschooling mother has, such as how much time should be spent on
school subjects, how to educate children in multiple grades effectively, etc.
- Grading and evaluation of selected student work through our assessment process.
- Guidance in how to grade the student's daily work through our rubrics, learning objectives, and grading charts.
- Record keeping including semester report cards, health records (CA students), and transcripts that are maintained in
our administrative offices. Semester report cards and transcripts provide records acceptable in private and public schools nationwide.
Our highschool transcript is accepted at colleges throughout the United States.
- College/Career counseling throughout the high school including college recommendations, personalized high school plan,
test preparation, etc.
- Private school perks including ID cards, HSLDA family discount, academic diplomas, work permits, quarterly newsletter,
and access to standardized testing.
- Networking with other committed parents who are working with their students at home through our list of enrolled families.
- Access to our Educational and Special Services advisors when needed and to our
Teacher Services and
Special Services Program.
- Free online syllabi and the option to purchase hard copies of the syllabi and many of the texts used in our syllabi at a discount from our bookstore at modgbooks.com.
For additional information on Continuing Education or Strategies for Teaching Children at Home see the following videos:
For information on our Tuition and Fees, please see the Enrollment - Pricing Breakdown page
for more information. (Please Note: Books are purchased separately. Enrolled families receive free online versions of our syllabi as part of enrollment and
can also purchase hard copies at a discount from our office.) For information on how to enroll in our Program, please see the
Enrollment – Home page. Also, you can check out the
Hear from Our Families:
“Mother of Divine Grace is the light that opened a much smoother homeschool tunnel for me and my children....I feel I have gained immeasurably from enrolling in Mother of Divine Grace. I've worked with new resources, learned new techniques...and found the clear path toward a full and productive year, working at a steady pace throughout. My children are delighted by what they are studying and the clear manner of presentation and expectations. The support Mother of Divine Grace provides our family is also invaluable. The curriculum is thoughtful and flexible, the approach proven. Wise, experienced minds crafted all this. Ongoing support from my individual consultant keeps me accountable, guides me and supports my daily efforts. Communication for MODG headquarters keeps me energized and inspired.”
homeschooling mother of three, enrolled since 2007